Re: remodeling house, need to move sensors

AlarmCoJoe wrote:
> "onedayatatime" <shaaksma@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>I'm in the process of remodeling home, replacing doors,
>>windows.......I have an ADT wirelss system and need to relocate teh
>>sensors to the new doors but don't want to pay the service fee of
>>professional.  When i try to move the sensor the alarm activates and i
>>get a phine call from monitoring.  Can anyone give me the info on how
>>to move these things?
>

> call the central station and put the system on test while you are moving of
> the sensors.

Actually that's not very good advice.  Removing the covers on a battery
powered sensor will trigger the "cover tamper" alarm.  This will
generate a signal to the CS that tells them you're actually "monkeying"
with the system.  "Monkeying" is not allowed under the terms of your
contract and could well generate a service visit which will become
"billable" when they discover what it is you've done.  Now if the "cover
tamper" had been preceded by a "low battery" fault, then that would be
an entirely different kettle of fish.  Most companies will allow you to
change out your own batteries and have a procedure for doing so.