Re: GTA - Alarm Force Feedback?

Pogo wrote:
> Frank, Now you just tweeked something, where would I find this annual
> report...., talking to a local ADT service guy, not his fault he needs to
> feed his family I guess, he indicated that they were not doing so good! I
> would like to see just how "No so Good there Doing" As I was informed that
> they now charging $148.00 for a 12VDC 4 AmpHr battery swap out.., Of course
> this is north of the 49th Parallel were the dollar is $0.89 US.. ha ha.
> ($131.72US) I keep hearing that they are suffering, this industry has never
> really boated about its good times if there ever was any, but we sure gripe
> when it not so good!
>

> "Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>tourman wrote:
>>
>>>Frank, I don't know if I ever told you this, but one day while
>>>visiting a lock shop in a town near mine, I struck up a conversation
>>>as I always do with the owner, if for no other reason other than to
>>>compare notes as peers in the same business. Well, it turned out that
>>>he was a past service manager for Alarmforce some years back. When I
>>>told him it takes us one day minimum to properly install a system, he
>>>told me that when he was installing their "lick and stick" garbage, he
>>>used to do as many as 10 to 15 systems a day.....
>>>
>>>Kinda tells you something doesn't it.....:))
>>>
>>>RHC

>>Their "lick and stick" special includes one PIR and one door contact. The
>>customer has to pick which door and the PIR is located where-ever the
>>"tech" thinks best.  Joel Matlin says it's "superior" to what any of us
>>sell.  He's a lot like another poster here whose name I won't mention who
>>seems to think that if he repeats something often enough, people will
>>actually start "believing" him.  Have you seen their latest annual report?

They seem to think Joel Matlin is the "cat's meow".

"Dependence on Key Personnel: The company is highly dependent on its
ability to attract and retain highly skilled personnel such as its
president, Mr. Joel Matlin. The company has entered into a management
agreement with Mr. Matlin, which includes a non-competition covenant.
The loss of Mr. Matlin could have a negative impact on the company or on
the further development and/or marketing of the company?s products.
However, as additional personnel are hired, the dependence on Mr. Matlin
will be reduced. In the interim, there could be a disruption of the
company?s operations if Mr. Matlin leaves or otherwise becomes
unavailable to render services to the company."

One of my customers called them for a "quote/proposal".  He lives in a
3500 square foot house with two levels.  The "consultant" seemed to
think the "basic package" was more than adequate.  They don't have a
"pet immune" PIR.  The guy said his "tech" would be installing it upside
down and about 3 feet from the floor (in the foyer).  None of the back
windows would be covered which would have left the family room (with the
big TV, stereo) and the master bedroom unprotected.

The rep kept repeating:  "Real burglars avoid Alarmfarce protected
homes.  It's on our website".