Re: GTA - Alarm Force Feedback?

tourman wrote:
> Frank, I don't know if I ever told you this, but one day while
> visiting a lock shop in a town near mine, I struck up a conversation
> as I always do with the owner, if for no other reason other than to
> compare notes as peers in the same business. Well, it turned out that
> he was a past service manager for Alarmforce some years back. When I
> told him it takes us one day minimum to properly install a system, he
> told me that when he was installing their "lick and stick" garbage, he
> used to do as many as 10 to 15 systems a day.....
>
> Kinda tells you something doesn't it.....:))
>
> RHC
>
> On Feb 20, 5:39 am, Frank Olson
> <Use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>Ok I don't know much about alarm systems.... what the difference
>>>between a farce system and real system?
>>
>>>FYI, Our house was built in 1918 - its all plaster walls which I
>>>understand makes hardwiring an alarm system much more difficult and
>>>very expensive... is that true?
>>
>>>We took over the ADT contract from the previous owners - its wireless
>>>as a result of the plaster (so we were told).
>>
>>>Tash
>>
>>Alarm"Farce" is all hype and marketing.  Nothing they offer can't be
>>provided by a Dealer local to your area, and since the individual Dealer
>>isn't tied to their marketing stratagems he's not limited to providing
>>their equipment, service, etc.  Your home sounds like a lot of high end
>>heritage homes and sites we've provided service to.  Wiring a home like
>>this presents challenges not all Dealers are willing (or able) to meet.
>>  A wireless solution is an alternative but even that has to be "done
>>right" or it will wind up looking like a "farce" job.  I would recommend
>>you investigate solutions local to you.  Find someone familiar with
>>local codes and the specific construction techniques utilized in your
>>home.  Ask for references and emphasize that you don't want "any old
>>slap and stick" job.

Their "lick and stick" special includes one PIR and one door contact.
The customer has to pick which door and the PIR is located where-ever
the "tech" thinks best.  Joel Matlin says it's "superior" to what any of
us sell.  He's a lot like another poster here whose name I won't mention
who seems to think that if he repeats something often enough, people
will actually start "believing" him.  Have you seen their latest annual
report?