Re: What would you?

Had a similar situation couple  years back where customers steps and side
walk were snow and ice covered and I explained to them problem I have with
my legs  being unstable and the husband cleaned what he could and threw down
some sand  and helped me in with my equiptment.
They were very understanding  they were a younger couple in good shape and
lived up on a hill side with very few visitors so snow and ice was not an
inconvience for them.
I own a dog and 4 cats and keep my place clean but yet cats and amonia smell
are an unfortunate
problem that comes with the territory. I always make sure cat boxes are
changed house aired out before inviting guests in because as i have found
with owning cats the smell may not be aparent to my self and others who own
pets . But definately to some one who does not own pets.
Biggest problems with the amonia smell is when pet owners do not keep cat
boxes changed or pets spray walls etc and they do not keep after them and
clean up.
this is unsanitary not only for the home owner but the pets as well and
dangerous. i will not work in a place where pets are not properly taken care
of and will turn them in.
pets are a responsibilty. just like when i walk my dog i clean up after him
while others do not and let there pest run around the neihborhood.

It is just common courtesey to make sure house is clean and safe for a
repairman or guest to enter.
not doing so is inviting trouble luckily i only do couple resi installs a
year  so it is not a big problem

I do have commercail and industrial customers with large dogs and ocassional
cat and they do a good job cleaning up but ocasionally one of the dogs will
have an accident but they clean it right up and its not a problem.