Re: What would you?

Pogo wrote:
> Just did a quote at a residence with 7 large Dogs(bouviers) and about a
> dozen cats, existing wireless on Doors and one Motion operating on a 9 volt
> flashlite(jerry rigged). Never seen this audible system which arm/disarms
> via phone with central station audio.. AlarmBxxxge.. Either way, doing a
> walk through and there is dog crap all over the place in the basement, place
> is completely discusting.. I really don't want to spend a day working and
> stepping in dog crap, I would like to politely decline this job, I would
> price this job through the roof but don't want to be known as abusive.
> (small town!) Any one run across a similar circumstance?  At what point does
> one say THIS JOB IS NOT FOR ME  Feedback..

I don't judge a customer by how clean his house is.  If the installation
requires my having to access certain areas of the house that may be
messy, have them remove any "offensive material" beforehand.  Don't jack
up your price because you don't like the neighbourhood.  Everyone that
calls you deserves a fair shake and your best effort.  That's what
"being a professional" is all about.  Make damn sure he can pay you for
your time and professional attitude though.