Re: Configuring CO loop on NX8E

The disadvantage of using only four conductors in the standard
configured loop with the eol resistor at the CO unit is that if I run
the loop through the contacts of the relay, it will give an alarm
signal when power fails or for some other internal problem unrelated
to the presence of CO.

Therefore you can plainly see that if I wish to avoid sending the fire
department using the configuration in the previous paragraph I can not
make use of the trouble relay contacts -- which is a terrible waste of
good engineering and leaves the homeowner vulnerable to a unit that
someday will faill -- and I and the homeowner won't know about it.