Re: CAT 5

"Steve" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:S5Ayh.1179295$084.241810@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I remember about a million years ago... or maybe it was last week.  I read
>>about the Cat 5 standard and how it was done to allow for the future
>>speration and operation of voice and data over the same cable.
>>
>> A couple weeks ago, or maybe a few years ago I remember discussing this
>> with somebody and wondering why all the current applications and
>> standards seem to ignore that and have us running seperate cat 5 cables
>> for voice and data. Then I found this on Napco's website under structured
>> wiring:
>>
>> Securi-Smart NET8
>> Securi-Smart NET8, the only wiring system on the Market that provides for
>> 2 Telephone Lines and a 10/100 Base Ethernet connections over a single
>> CAT5e wire.
>>
>> LOL.  How interesting.  I need to keep up with the product innovations of
>> my own main alarm provider.
>
> Its possible, but not preferred practice

I was just laughing about it.  The original standards was to allow that use,
and then all the new standards seem to ignore it, and then Napco re-invents
the wheel.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
P.O. Box 5720
Yuma, Az 85366