Re: BNC compression fittings and Tools

"West Alarm" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0hjls2pa0vl3brteahkld8fepq9a0ph12j@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:13:18 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>>I have not.  I do everythig at or near BICSI standards on my cat 5(e)
>>wiring.  I use strain relief cat 5e patch cables and patch panels for all
>>instalaltions.  If a cable plugger bids the job I let them have it.
>
> You should look into it if you decide to terminate your own ends..
> It's called and EZ-RJ45 (or something like that)  The wires come all
> the way through the 45 connector and the tool snips them off while
> crimping, nice.  It's much easier than lining up the conductors when
> they are pre cut and getting them in the slots together.
>
> Thanks for the BNC supplier advice, I'm trying to buy them for less
> than $1 a piece though.  I was trying to find a vendor that might have
> them for a 50c-75c price.

Talk to Vern Alderman at SGI.  He is the wesern regional manager for SGI
now, but he used to be the branch manager at ADI.  If he can't supply them
to you he can probably tell you what brand they were.  I bought them from
him at ADI for less than a buck a piece when has was the branch manager.
Don't waste his time though if you aren't buying a couple hundred at a time.
The mark up on those is huge.

Vern can be found at either the Phx or the Nevada Branch of SGI most days.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
P.O. Box 5720
Yuma, Az 85366