Re: CAT 5

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:24:28 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I remember about a million years ago... or maybe it was last week.  I read
>about the Cat 5 standard and how it was done to allow for the future
>speration and operation of voice and data over the same cable.
>
>A couple weeks ago, or maybe a few years ago I remember discussing this with
>somebody and wondering why all the current applications and standards seem
>to ignore that and have us running seperate cat 5 cables for voice and data.
>Then I found this on Napco's website under structured wiring:
>
>Securi-Smart NET8
>Securi-Smart NET8, the only wiring system on the Market that provides for 2
>Telephone Lines and a 10/100 Base Ethernet connections over a single CAT5e
>wire.
>
>LOL.  How interesting.  I need to keep up with the product innovations of my
>own main alarm provider.

It's not that flocking complicated....

Ethernet uses 4 conductors, a phone line uses two conductors.

add it up...

Ethernet 4
phonel1  2
phonel2  2

equals    8

Wow!  what a flocking breakthrough Napco made!

I want to sell you a London bridge in Arizona.. ohhh, nevermind-- I
see you're on the dealer list!  hahahah