Re: disconnect letters

On Feb 2, 9:04 pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hey...anyone have any creative Collect or Disconnect letters? I got a couple
> of deadbeats I wanna blast.
> This could be a fun thread too :-)

If the client is a dickhead trying to duck the bill then I have some
fun with them. Nothing burns me quite like a wiseass trying to dodge a
bill and any attempts to collect.
I prefer using a phone call informing them of the lien being placed on
their property and how sorry I am for having to do this but since they
ignored the invoices I was left with no other option. I apologize for
their credit being ruined and how bad credit can cost tens of
thousands of dollars due to higher mortgage rates. Property liens
prevent homes from being sold, equity lines to be drawn, or mortgages
being refinanced.

'Oh I am so sorry for having to turn you into a candidate for
bankruptcy but when you don't pay my bill you also cause harm to me &
my family. '

It's at that point where they will 'see the light' and suddenly offer
restitution. The only payment I accept at that point is payment in
full for the remainder of the contract. I only accept cash or money
orders when it gets to that level.

Keep in mind that the average deadbeat isn't a Supreme Court Justice
so their limited knowledge of the law makes for entertaining threats.
They probably don't pay anyone so don't fear them when they threaten
to sue because their lawyer is non-existent.

If the client isn't a dickhead and is just going through rough times
then the above does not occur.
I have a few folks coasting on their bill due to financial difficulty
but I know they will make good on their debts when they can.

Rules are simple:
Call me and tell me times are tough. If I have to call you first then
we have an issue. Stay in touch throughout the timeframe and keep me
apprised of the situation and all is well.