Re: Paradox Esprit fails to activate alarm siren in 3 Zones

Julian wrote:

> As the older Esprit panels age (software versions .96 and .97B
> specifically) they are prone to cooking themselves due to a less than
> favourable design of the power supply. There is black soot in the
> inside of the white can above the power supply heat sink. The circuit
> board, which is green, will have turned brown in areas near the power
> supply. It was corrected in software versions 2.1 and 3.0 which work
> almost flawlessly. I've had to replace a small number of the earlier
> versions, maybe 5%.

I hope you haven't had any catch on fire from stuffing them with
paperwork like rlb advocates all installers should do.  [same guy who
tells diyers to tape up battery terminals before throwing them in the
trash.] 1. don't throw them in the trash. 2. Why's he so worried about a
battery  catching fire in the trash, where it should never be, yet still
advocates stuffing panels with manuals and other paperwork.  sheesh,
what a macaroon