Re: Window Foil

A customer I have that I took over 3 years ago had a newer DSC system
installed. I added a DSC acuity 100 GBD ontop of the door contact, DV300
motion and Window Foil they already had. The GBD was on its own zone. During
the night, some kids took a brick and smashed out the front display window.
The glass break didnt go off. However, the window did sound the alarm. The
bell started to ring in the front of the store and scared them away. Now the
strage thing is, I tested the GBD with DSC's handheld tester and it work
when installed. When I went back to check it, It failed.

To this date, I will use DSC panels, Motions, but no Glass Break Detectors.
I now use Rokonet.(however, I dont use their motions) So I was kinda glad
that I kept the window foil connected. In the past I always disconnected the
crap if I took an account over and installed GBD's. But now, if it works, I
keep it connected. Then, if a window has been smashed and they replace it, I
will foil the window to match the rest of the windows.