Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

Just Looking wrote:
>> enough is enough and you have to act.  we set up camps for japanese living
> in the US during WW2,
>
> All that was done by clever slight of hand moves. It was not done directly.

And who benefited from what they were forced to leave behind?  Their
property was sold for pennies on the dollar to white "Christian"
Americans and Canadians.  Nazi Germany did much the same thing to their
Jewish citizens.

> The regions the Japanese lived in were more or less ceded to military
> authority first. Then the military said it would be too tough to figure out
> a Japanese soldier from a U.S. Citizen of Japanese descent, so it had them
> moved to camps.

That's not quite the way several of my Japanese friends remember it
happening, but then, the did receive "fair" (snerk) compensation...