Re: Inovonics problems

>IIRC, the older ones lose programming if the transmitter battery dies, or is
>removed for more than a minute.

No, it wasn't the transmitter that lost its programming.  It was the
receiver!

The most recent one was a standard FA416D receiver that looked like it was
working, until I tested the portable holdup buttons.  None of them worked.
When I plugged the programmer into the receiver, the display first read
"WESTEC," and later it said I was connected to an FA464 receiver.  Couldn't
enter programming, and had to replace the receiver.