Re: A tough one to break into!

Yep...been the same route. Our prewire and they installed a wireless system.
They didn't have tracers so they couldn't find one keypad wire so they
drilled a hole through a toilet drain pipe coming down from upstairs...no
one noticed till someone upstairs flushed the toilet.

They tried to blame it on us, so I went out there and sold the homeowner a
real system on the wire we installed.

It was quite funny actually.

--
**Crash Gordon**

"JoeRaisin" <joeraisin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Crash Gordon wrote:
| > Although I didn't take the pic I doubt it's a spoof...I've seen many
many
| > many ADT installs this bad or worse.
| >

| My favorite one was a takeover at a house we prewired but ADT got the
| finish.  The homeowner got fed up with them and when his contract was up
| he called us.
|
| ADT had installed a complete wireless system.  they used the keypad and
| siren wires but everything else was wireless, placed were we had
| intended to put wired devices.
|
| 5816's on the door slabs with the magnets on the jambs, a few inches
| away from the recessed contacts we installed during the prewire,
| wireless motion detectors covering the coil of wire in the corners were
| we intended to put dual-techs and wireless smoke detectors screwed onto
| the back boxes we put up when we ran the fire wire.
|
| At least I made the doors wired.  Boss said not to replace the other
| stuff unless the sub wanted to pay for it so the motions and smokes
stayed.