Re: Stupid question

"JohnO" <johno@@&%heathkit##.com> wrote in message
news:nPh5j.4036$Dt4.3392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Is it or isn't it....I recently ran across a test question that said, and
> think I remember it exactly:
>
> Where do you put an EOL resistor on a circuit that uses NO sensors.
>
> in series at the panel
> in parallel at the panel
> in series at the last sensor
> in parallel at the last sensor
>

> There is no series/parallel here...just put the resistor across the two
> circuit screws and that's it. I know my electronics, but this one is
making
> my head hurt. It could be a bad question, one that some goof wrote and
> didn't get reviewed properly.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -John O

Sensors are wired in parallel and the EOL goes in parallel with last sensor.

If you were to put it at the panel end by mistake then cutting the wire has
no effect.

This is how it works...

With sensors open the impedance = EOL ohms = normal status
With sensors closed = 0 ohms = Alarm
With wire cut = Open circuit/High ohms = Tamper
With wire shorted = 0 ohms = Alarm (tamper)