Re: Ademco Vista 20 X10 programming question

"Bob Sisson" <inspectionsbybob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Compass will do X10 Coding ?
>
> OK...I have compas, or can get it (my is an older version)
>
> Do I need that weird modem still?  (I still have a Hayse 1200b just
> for my alarm panel)

Programming X-10

1. Enter program mode by powering down then back up & pressing the
*+#

simultaneously within 50 seconds of power up, or enter the Installer
code (4112)

+ 8 + 0 + 0.

2. Screen displays, â??INSTALLER CODE 20â??

3. Press â??*â?? 27, screen displays â??X10 HOUSE CODE 27â?? enter the
desired X-10

House Code. 0=A, 1=B, 2=C, 3=D, 4=E, 5=E, 6=G, 7=H, 8=I, 9=J, #+10=K,

#11=L, #12=M, #13=N, #14=O, #15 =P.

4. Press â??*â?? 79, screen displays:

Enter Output No.

(00 = Quit) 01

Enter the Device Number 01â??18 for Powerline Carrier devices; or 00 to
end

these entries. Press â?± to continue.

5. Screen displays:

01 Output Type

Delete 0

Enter 2 for X-10

Press â?± to continue.

6. Screen displays:

01 Unit No.

01

Enter the Unit Number for the X-10 device, 01-15

Press â?± to continue.

7. Screen displays:

01 Enter Output No.

(00 = Quit) 02

Enter 00 to quit or refer back to step 4.

8. Screen displays:

Enter â?± or #

Press â?±or # to exit

9. Enter â?? 80 â??

Screen Displays:

Output Funct #

(00 = Quit) 01

Enter X-10 programming 01-48. Press â?± to continue.

10. Screen displays:

01 A E P Trig

?00 0 0 - ZL=00

This is the summary screen, 01=Device #, A=Device Action;
E=Triggering

Event; P=Partition; Trig=Trigger Type; Press â?± to continue.

11. Screen displays:

01 Activated By:

Delete 0

Enter the initiating event for this output device:

1=Zone List (See Step 12)

2=Zone Type (See Step 13)

3=Zone Number (See Step 14)

Press â?± to continue.

12. Screen displays:

01 Zn List

None 0

If a zone list will be used enter the number to be used (01-08);
NOTE: 9-12 are

used for pagers.

Press â?± to continue.

12a. Screen Displays:

Enter Event

Restore 0

Enter the zone list event that will activate this output:

0=Restore; 1=Alarm; 2=Fault; 3=Trouble

Press â?± to continue, See Step 15 for next program location.

13. Screen displays:

01 Enter Zn Type

Zone Disabled 00

Enter the desired zone type, Press â?± to continue.

13a. Choices for Zone Types:

00=Not Used

01=Ent/Exit #1

02=Ent/Exit #2

03=Perimeter

04=Interior Follower

05=Trouble Day/Alarm Night

06=24 Hr Silent

07=24 Hr Audible

08=24 Hr Aux

09=Fire

10=Inter w/Delay

12=Monitor Zone

14=Carbon Monoxide

16=Fire W/Verification

23=No Alarm Response

24=Silent Burglary

25=24 Hr Non-Alarm

77=Keyswitch Zone

13b. Choices for System

Operation:

20=Arming Stay

21=Arming Away

22=Disarming

31=End of Exit Time

32=Start of Entry Time

33=Any Burg Alarm

36=**Bell Timeout***

38=Chime

39=Any Fire Alarm

40=Bypassing

41=**AC Power Failure

42=**System Bat Low

43=Comm. Failure

52=Kissoff

54=Fire Zone Reset

**Use 0 for Part # (P)

58=Duress

60=AAV

66=Function key â??

67=Bell Fail

68=Telco Line Cut

78=Keyswitch Red LED

79=Keyswitch Grn LED

***Or at disarming

â??Use *57 to assign (07)

13c. Screen displays:

01 Partition

Any Partition 0

Enter the partition in which this zone type will occur: 0=Any
partition;

1=Partition 1; 2=Partition 2; 3=Common, Press â?± to continue, see step
15 for

next program location.

14. Screen Displays:

01 Enter Zn Num.

None 00

Enter the zone number associated with this output number, Press â?± to
continue.

14a. Screen Displays:

01 Enter Event

Restore 0

Enter the zone event that will activate this output: 0=Restore;

1=Alarm/Fault/Trouble

Press â?± to continue.

15. Screen Displays:

01 Output Action

Off 0

Enter the desired device action as listed below, Press â?± to continue.

0=Off

1=Close for 2 Seconds

2=Close & Stay Closed

3=Continuous Pulse on & off

4=Toggle State of Relay

5=Duration 1 (see field 1*77)

6=Duration 2 (see field 1*77)

16. Screen Displays:

Enter Output No.

?00 00

Enter the device output number (programmed in *79 menu mode) you want

associated with this output, Press â?± to continue

17. Screen Displays:

01 A E P Trig

X01 0 0 - Zn=02

Press â?± to continue

18. Screen Displays:

Output Funct #

(00 = Quit) 02

If programming is complete enter 00 to quit, otherwise refer to step
9

19. Screen Displays:

Enter â?± or #

Enter â?± or # to exit