Re: Telephone entry system

Nick Markowitz Jr. wrote:
> Discovered that silent knight is no longer making there
> telephone entry unit which is a shame any one have a good suggestion for a
> replacement unit.
> mircom,trigon?etc

We've installed dozens of Sentex units.  On units we have service
contracts for (which we didn't install), the biggest problem is failure
of the short haul modems.  This is primarily caused by idiots who figure
multi-pair telephone cable is the "cat's meow" and think the
installation manual is simply "box filler" (pun intended).  What's
really cool about Sentex is that they provide free firmware upgrades
(they even ship the chipsets to us at their cost).