Re: Trying to find info on a no-name camera.

rabbid wrote:
> or it may not even be functional if it's a reaaly cheap import.

Nope, that worked, at least for the zoom (didn't try the focus).

No idea if I even want to attempt to come up with any way to connect
these functions to the DVR; for this guy's purpose, probably not.  He
wants to use it to replace a dome camera at a paypoint in his store, and
quite frankly, it's nowhere near the quality of the current camera...
but he thinks because it was so much more expensive than the other cheap
junk he imports ($200+ vs. $30-$50 for all the little domes he's
getting) that it's got to be all that much better.

The dome he wants to replace is actually a decent-quality 420TVL 1/4"
name-brand camera (although the name escapes me at the moment) that was
probably $300+ when new.  All the extra cost for this thing is, of
course, for the power zoom (which he doesn't need) and autofocus (which
doesn't work right); it's still a $30 Chinese knock-off camera inside.