Re: Bob L.

Any one been watching cnn god's warriors?

the 3 show were very good...

but the most enlightning was the first....

I am sure Leuck would have loved watching it!

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
1187984486.702640.182790@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 19, 11:00?pm, Nomen Nescio <nob...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim said:
>
> >I think that the people who want the US out of Iraq have forgotten
> >about the "Killing Fields" after Vietnam.
>
> >What was that again? 3 million people?
>
> The question to ask is, how many American lives are you willing to invest
> to prevent this supposed bloodbath?
>
> Pick a number, and I'm not trying to be a smartass. Part of being a
> military commander is thinking about how many troops are going to get
> killed in order to accomplish your objective, and deciding whether the
> objective is worth the cost.
>
> Are you willing to sacrifice 10,000 American lives to prevent the massacre
> of 3,000,000 Iraqis, assuming those numbers are accurate?
>
> I wish our pathetic excuse for leaders would think about questions like
> this before sending in the Army. War is an ugly, messy business. Lots of
> young people die. Before we ask them to make that sacrifice, we had all
> better agree that the benefits are worth the cost.
>
> Personally, I'd rather arm the Iraqis and let them settle their own
> differences in their own way, rather than spending more American lives
> trying to play referee in a death match. I might even go for a safe haven,
> if that's possible, where unarmed, peaceful Iraqis can go. But we're not
> going to succeed in forcing the entire population to be nonviolent, and
> trying will only result in more American casualties.

"""" I """"" don't "invest" any lives. I "invested" my own. I felt it
was an obligation to my country to do it when I was able. Fortunately,
I won the bet and I'm still alive. Had it been otherwise, it was my
choice, not anyone elses. Just like everyone else, I joined not
knowing if I would be called upon to make the ultimate sacrafice. So,
although the "leaders" have the say of what the troops do, it's the
troops who make the first decision to go. There is no military draft.
The troops that don't make it had to realize it when they enlilsted.
War is hell, but the brave make their own decision.

Others have have their mommy call and tell the man at the bad ole army
place that their son has a hernia.

The only thing that is being done wrong is trying to run a war and
keep all the liberal bullshit artist happy. It's a war. How do you
fight a "nice" war. You can't bomb this.... and you can't bomb
that .... and you can't go there and you can't do this and you can't
say that. And you have to be nice to the bad guys ...... what the fuck
is that?   You fight a war to win. There are going to be casualties.

The best I would do, is tell them ..... Hey, you'd better get out of
there because we're gonna bomb the shit out of that place or that
place. If they don't, that's their problem. If you sympathize with the
enemy, you're dead. The enemy has used this liberal bullshit way of
thinking to their advantage and yet no one here in this country or in
the govenment can see that the enemy USES this against us.We can't
bomb a mosque. We can't interrogate a prisoner if we're gonna theaten
them. We can't stop civilians and question them, in spite of the fact
that they may be carrying a bomb to blow you and hundreds of others
up. We're not winning this war for the same reason we didn't win in
Vietnam. The govenment is not out to win but to placate everyone they
can first ..... and as they win. Can't be done!

You win a war as quickly as possible doing what ever it takes and face
the consequences later. Let me tell you THAT's a lot easier to do than
fight a prolonged war trying to make everyone else in the world happy.
You can't win a war with everyone having their say on how to do it.

How horrendous is dropping atomic bombs on entire cities?  But it was
done and it ended a war and answered what seems to me, was the same
important question that everyone had back then also  ...... everyones
concern about the loss of US troops. So now tell me, in todays
situation, is it ok for millions of people from other countries to be
slaughtered by someone else while we standby and not use the power we
have to stop it or do we use that power to stop it first ...... yet
kill thousands to do it?   I don't know what the "moral" answer to it
is, but I sure know the answer from a self defense point of view. And
I gotta tell ya, I like my country and countrymen a lot more than a
bunch of dirt eating, unbathed throwback thugs from the 13th century.
We're in it. Fight it. Win it with whatever power or force that it
takes to get it done quickly and with the least losses on our side.
The enemy is the enemy ..... not our friend. They'll quickly become
our friend right after we defeat the enemy within. We can't give them
aid now with great expectations that they'll like us now and help us
win a war in their country. You vanquish your enemy first. You destroy
their infrastructure. You leave them with no economy. We're over
there, trying to free a country full of people who don't even
understand what full freedom is and in the process we're funding the
enemy within. After the devestation of a full out attack, this enemy
within will have no resources to support the economy. Under those
conditions, long enough, when the enemy within, withers and dies, then
you give the country all the help they need to rebuild their nation.
After a generation or two the aliance will be with the source of their
sucess not with an inner OR outside enemy that wants to enslave
them.

It's the same old .... same old. If your nice and I'm nice we can get
along and solve our little difference. If you're not nice ........ the
bigger stick wins. If you don't like it, tough. If you think you can
find a bigger stick, you're welcome to try. If I catch you, you're
dead. If I don't, I'm dead.
The one who acts first and hardest .... lasts the longest.

Every act of tyranny is followed by rebellion. Every rebellion is
followed by tyranny.

Read it in the history books.

It's nothing new. Except now, in this once great heoic country, the
nicynice people are dictating how a war should be fought and the
govenment is stupid enough to listen to them.  And then the people
wonder why we're not "winning"?   How stupid is that?

So in my estimation .... this is one case where "learning from our
history so we don't make the same mistakes" has turned against us.

We should have read our history and made the same decisions ......
because it worked.