Merlin system from Microtec

I bought a house that came with a Merlin Microtec alarm system.  I'm
not planning getting the service but I was wondering if any use could
be made of the actual hardware.  I currently have the phone unplugged
as I really don't know if it's program to call somewhere if it goes
on.   I still use it as an alarm but I wonder If I could have it
hooked to my computer to have it send emails if it triggers an alarm
or other things like that.

Anyone else played with this hardware?

Thhx

funk