Re: Takeover standards

How about three strikes if the customer refuses to sign an agreement
stating that he is not under contract with any other monitoring
facility.

RHC: Ok, that is a valid  point. Although I usually get takeovers when
the client has just bought the home, this is a valid point
nevertheless (the least we should do is check and verify) although
that can be a bit harder to do. Personally, I've never had anyone come
to me in 15 years trying to beat a contract though...

How about three strikes if your "gut" feeling is "somethings wrong
with this system or customer".

RHC: Like what specifically Norm ? If the system is showing a trouble,
that is easy to diagnose at the keypad. Something wrong with the
customer ?

How about three strikes if the customer is just looking to get you to
fix the system, now that you've looked at it and poked around.

RHC: Ok, but since I don't work on non monitored accounts, this one
doesn't apply to me. But for those who do, valid point !
If the system doesn't actually work, a decision has to be made whether
to fix it or not and the amount of work needed versus whether or not
to just walk away. Speaking for myself, if it was seriously "broken",
I would likely opt to walk away. Others may or may not - personal
decision, but a valid point nevertheless !

Actually my post was more to do with the quality of the install versus
some of the other "gun instinct" decisions we make about clients