Moose Z1100 Dialing Problem

I have a Moose Z1100 System I that was never monitored and would now like to
have it monitored. It was connected to a phone line, but it does not appear
to dial. Are there any possible programming options that enable dialing? I
saw an earlier thread from April 2007 that talked about lightning strikes,
but this does not appear to be the problem. The line is seized, and the
default 8 dialing attempts are made, but they only last a few seconds each.
Does this sound like a problem anyone has had?