Re: Installation/Upgrade info needed for Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

adv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Jul 30, 10:03 pm, Frank Olson <Use-the-email-
> li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> awetrwer...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other information
>>> for the following alarm system:
>>> Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT
>>> I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on
>>> installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional
>>> door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors.  Please be
>>> considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive
>>> information.
>>> This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am
>>> stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors
>>> I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit
>>> board.
>> Most professionals here would be reluctant to give you such information
>> particularly as it appears that you may still be under contract to ADT.
>>   The Safewatch Pro is an Ademco Panel that's been slightly modified for
>> use exclusively by ADT.  You will need a full alpha keypad (6139 or
>> 6160) to program they system.  You will have to assign the keypad an
>> address (not currently in use by the other keypads on the system), and
>> enroll the keypad into the system (in other words, tell the unit that
>> it's there).  As to the specific manual, you'll have to find out what
>> the equivalent Ademco Panel is.  Even when you do, some of the address
>> fields may be different.  I doubt any ADT techs would even consider
>> giving you a manual.- Hide quoted text -

> Frank you appear knowledgeable. Any idea how to find if there is an
> equivalent. I must say, the salesmen was aware of the 35 doors and
> windows I had prewired. I see now he figured I'd be locked into ADT
> and have no choice but to pay them $1200 to connect the doors and
> windows, plus keyboards. $35 to connect two wires. Common, that's past
> flat-out ripping you off.
>

> --thanks frank

If you're still under contract to ADT, you're going to have to employ
their services (much as it may pain you to do so) to finish the job
properly.  Yes, the $35.00 sounds a bit "steep" but if you're actually
dealing with ADT Corporate (and not an independent dealer), it's a
pretty "fair" price.  Consider the fact that you've probably saved
yourself a bundle already (doing the pre-wire yourself) and the fact the
the tech is going to have to make it work.  You can probably "negotiate"
a fixed price that's a tad lower (say $30.00 per opening) but they may
require you to extend your service agreement to compensate.  I hate
spending money (about as much as you do), but when you've bought a
"Maytag" (or a "Dell")it's best to let "Earl" fix it.  If you can get a
"fixed price" (that includes any additional equipment that might be
required), then that's all for the better (in my book at least).  Good
luck!!