Re: NRA

> Once again Quinns rule" Liberalism genrates
> the exact opposite of it stated intention

Well, we've seen radicalism cloaked as
conservatism at the helm for six years.

> "is proven once again. very nice to have
> weapons free zone when only law abiding
> citizens follow it.

The problem is it's so easy to get guns in
this country that criminals have no trouble
breaking the laws which forbid their use.
To imply that the problem would exist in a
vacuum, as though there would be just
as much gun violence without ready access
to guns, is misleading.  The situation is as
bad as it is precisely because anyone can
go out and buy a gun without first verifying
that he's legally entitled to posses it and/or
that he is sane.

There are now so many firearms in
circulation that no gun control except one
so stringent that the gun lobby would
certainly shoot it down can make a
difference.  We're stuck with guns
everywhere and no way to get rid of them.
Because of that we can be assured that
there will be another Virginia Tech type
massacre... and another... and another...
until we elect a Congress with the stones
to do something serious about it.

People have recently pointed to England
trying to show how recent events there
prove that gun control legislation does
not thwart gun crime.  But England's
gun murder rate for the entire country is
less than a typical week in NYC.

> criminals do not care what law is
> passed they do not follow it...

That's true.  Furthermore, since there are
already tens of thousands of irresponsible
(though legal) gun owners all over the
country, criminals have no problem buying
guns second hand.  And since most gun
owners refuse to keep guns in a strong
safe when they're not at home, guns are
stolen every day and find their way into
the hands of people who use them to rob
and kill.

> but the liberal reponse is we need
> more gun control...

Whoa!  I'm as liberal a person as you're
going to find in this industry and I'm not
calling for more gun control.  What I want
is to make sure that people who buy
have the right and the sanity to own one.
I also want to mandate safety measures
like trigger locks when the owner is not
in direct control of the gun.  Other than
that I could care less if you own a machine
gun.  As long as you keep it locked up
when you're not using it feel free.

If you choose to exercise your 2nd
Amendment rights, buy a firearm and
you fail to secure it, with the result that
someone dies, I want you to enjoy free
room and board courtesy of the federal
government for 10 or 20 years.

> What should have been taught at that
> school is carrying fire arms safely and teaching sefl defense so when this
> bastard went to reload  students would rush them with there desk tops and
> take a pen or pencil and shove it thru his ear drum into the assholes brain
> killing him

There has been word that there were
acts of heroism but unfortunately, they
were unsuccessful in bringing him down.
As to desk tops, he was using a 9mm.
I wonder if a 3/4" maple board would
have done any good.  Your thoughts?

> Instead we teach everyone to run
> and hide like scared little rabbits or sheeple which I am not..

That's easy to type on a keyboard.  I've
seen some pretty tough guys totally
change their "attitude" when facing the
business end of a large caliber handgun.
Even cops don't rush a guy in that
situation.

--

Regards,