Re: Chubb 206

On Apr 18, 12:33 am, "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms>
wrote:
> > I want to know whether are all zones usually
> > wired as in series ?  Lets say I have 2 doors
> > (magnetic contact) and 2 windows (vibration)
> > ....are there all connected in series ?
>
> Most burglar alarm circuits are wired in series.
> The circuit opens when the door or window
> opens.  There are a few that are wired in parallel
> but those are rare.
>
> > In addition how does the backup battery
> > connected ? Red (+) and Black (negative)
> > are connected to the same polarity on the
> > board or opposite ?
>
> Red (+) goes to the plus terminal and black (-)
> to the minus.  If the battery is older than five
> years replace it.  They're cheap and readily
> available at RatShak or online.  It's probably
> a 12 Volt, 4.0 Amp Hour battery but replace it
> with a 12 Volt, 7.0 Amp Hour model.  They
> retail for about $15.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 941-925-8650
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> Sarasota =B7 Florida =B7 34233http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Hi Robert,

Thanx for the info.

Last week I try to disconnect 1 wire from the main controller while
the system was in standby (but not arm). I suspect the wire was 1 of
the zones. I was surprised and stunned when the alarm sounded though
it is not arm. Is this normal ? The reason I did this was because I
wanted to pull out the trouble zone so that I can arm the system with
the rest of the zones working right. I plan to troubleshoot the
problematic zone later. Am I doing it right ?

Thanx