Re: Looking for a color multiplexer or sequencer with PIP

Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
> Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
>

>>Petem wrote:
>>

>>>I had a strange demand today,and my normal distributor cant help me...
>>>
>>>i have a site with 7 video source,6 are cameras in 3 different
>>>building,one is a kind of community tv channel...
>>>
>>>they are all in color
>>>
>>>the customer want to take the output of a sequencer,and broadcast it
>>>over chanel 78 CATV,that side if fine and already done...
>>>
>>>but now he want to add the 6 security cam in a PIP over the community
>>>channel in sequence,so that he can provide to his tennant,the view of
>>>the cam so they can see who is at the door..
>>>
>>>anyone can help?
>>

>>This sucker looks like it would do it- but at $9K it's probably
>>overkill.
>

> oh.. the link:
> http://www.tvone.com/c2-7200-main.shtml?rid=hdnews

As I said, any basic four-channel MUX will let you do the PIP part... the trick
is in running the other six cameras in sequence WITHIN the PIP window.  Appears
that this one MIGHT do that (the "Dual PIP Mode" description is somewhat
marketing-blather-heavy, technical-info-light), but the rest of the features are
EXTREME overkill.

Then again, when you can do nice transitions between camera views... ;)