Re: Al Gore where are you?

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C77B5C.48FDD1B0

>So how are 'we' causing the same thing on mars?

That easy. Man did it. You see they sent these two probes up there (you =
know, Spirit and Opportunity) and all that microwave energy from Earth =
to Mars used to communicate with them has started the Martian polar =
regions to warm up and melt the caps. It is a Republican secret of =
course. However I think RLB and his buddies have found out that Bush is =
doing it to divert attention from climate concerns here on Earth. When =
Hillary is President she'll fix 'em. First thing she is going to put =
Bush in prison in Gitmo for war and environmental crimes and hire Monica =
to guard him. Of course since Monica is a big girl she is going to be =
provided with a very skimpy blue prison uniform, just to make the heat =
there more tolerable for her. The Bureau of Prisons will provide Monica =
with lots of Spray and Wash too so she'll always look spotless.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html
> [...]
>>>Some remind us that there have been climatic
>>>fluctuations throughout time, and there might
>>>be some variations that give us reasons to
>>>quibble about it.
>>=20
>>=20
>> There is a lot more than "some variations" and
>> there's reason to do a lot more than quibble.
>> Real scientific evidence points to a slowly
>> building disaster which can still be averted if
>> individuals and governments do something
>> about it.  Alternatively, we can pretend it's nothing
>> and leave things as they are.  We'll likely only
>> see the beginning of what this causes.  Our
>> children and grandchildren will pay the price.
>> A few decades away there will probably be
>> mass starvation.  Some estimates say that
>> over a billion people will die from coming drought.
>>=20
>=20
> It would be more believable that mankind is causing it if the person=20
> shouting the loudest actaully believed it himself.
>=20
> His behavior shows he does not.  For him its a money grab.
>=20
>> If you know anything about weather, you know
>> that a 2=BA-3=BA rise in ocean temperatures can
>> mean the difference between a season of
>> several category 2 and 3 hurricanes and one
>> with a dozen or more category 5 storms.  New
>> Orleans was nothing compared to what will
>> happen when a category 5 storm strikes Miami
>> even despite the new construction codes.
>>=20
>>=20
>>>I don't see it that way at all...
>>=20
>>=20
>> That doesn't mean it isn't happening.  It only
>> means you don't see it.
>>=20
>>=20
>>>Where did man have a hand in any of these
>>>events?
>>>- Precambrian period (4.6 billion to 523 million
>>>years ago)
>>=20
>> - Vendian period (523-543 million years ago)
>>=20
>>>- Both Precambrian and Vendian periods host
>>>to at least one mass extinction each.
>>=20
>>=20
>> The real questions isn't what happened 523
>> million years ago.  It isn't even what will happen
>> 523 million years from now.  The issue is what
>> will happen in the next few decades -- perhaps
>> the next few generations.
>>=20
>>=20
>>>So boys and girls lots of things can go wrong
>>>and plenty did go wrong.
>>=20
>>=20
>> So that makes it alright to destroy what we have
>> now?
>>=20
>=20
> Maybe if everyone in the world bought carbon offsets from Al...

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff background=3D""><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;So how are 'we'=20
causing the same thing on mars?<BR><BR>That easy. Man did it. You see =
they sent=20
these two probes up there (you know, Spirit and Opportunity) and all =
that=20
microwave energy from Earth to Mars used to communicate with them has =
started=20
the Martian polar regions to warm up and melt the caps. It is a =
Republican=20
secret of course. However I think RLB and his buddies have found out =
that Bush=20
is doing it to divert attention from climate concerns here on Earth. =
When=20
Hillary is President she'll fix 'em. First thing she is going to put =
Bush in=20
prison in Gitmo for war and environmental crimes and hire Monica to =
guard him.=20
Of course since Monica is a big girl she is going to be&nbsp;provided=20
with&nbsp;a very skimpy blue prison uniform, just to make the heat there =
more=20
tolerable for her.&nbsp;The Bureau of Prisons will provide =
Monica&nbsp;with lots=20
of Spray and Wash too so she'll always look spotless.<BR><BR>"JoeRaisin" =

&lt;joeraisin@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote in message=20
news:s3JSh.605$Xq6.355@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Robert =
L Bass=20
wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;All this global warming talk assumes we=20
are<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;on some peaceful, stable, benign planet=20
and<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;that only humankind can foul it up, or save =
it...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; No, that is not correct.&nbsp; Numerous=20
mainstream<BR>&gt;&gt; scientific studies indicate that (1) climate=20
change<BR>&gt;&gt; is cyclical with cycles lasting tens of =
thousands<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
of years; and (2) the curret cycle has been<BR>&gt;&gt; significantly =
altered by=20
human activity.&nbsp; In laymen's<BR>&gt;&gt; terms, what was a very =
gradual=20
uphill climb in<BR>&gt;&gt; average annual temperature has suddenly=20
(in<BR>&gt;&gt; geological terms 100 years is sudden) become =
a<BR>&gt;&gt; much=20
steeper slope.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; So how are 'we' causing the =
same=20
thing on mars?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html<=
BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; This has been the concensus among virtually=20
all<BR>&gt;&gt; serious scientific studies on the subject for =
years.<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; And any study that doesn't blame mankind for global =
warming=20
is:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; A) not serious<BR>&gt; B) Doesn't get massive =
government=20
grants<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; On the other side are contrarian, outlier=20
"scientists"<BR>&gt;&gt; primarily bought and paid for by industrial=20
interests<BR>&gt;&gt; who claim that they have examined the same=20
data<BR>&gt;&gt; yet see no problem.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; It is =
noteworthy=20
that some of the same "scientists"<BR>&gt;&gt; who deny that industrial=20
pollution is endangering<BR>&gt;&gt; the planet also stood up for the =
cause of=20
such<BR>&gt;&gt; public interest magnates as Phillip Morris =
when<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
they tried to quash government reports that<BR>&gt;&gt; smoking causes =
cancer=20
and later, that second-<BR>&gt;&gt; hand smoke is =
hazardous.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; Names?&nbsp; Dates?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; Some of the =
same=20
names crop up again in places<BR>&gt;&gt; like Klamath river basin where =
(with=20
the assistance<BR>&gt;&gt; of a certain Republican administration) a=20
bio<BR>&gt;&gt; disaster occured.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;Some=20
remind us that there have been climatic<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;fluctuations =
throughout=20
time, and there might<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;be some variations that give us =
reasons=20
to<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;quibble about it.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&gt; There=20
is a lot more than "some variations" and<BR>&gt;&gt; there's reason to =
do a lot=20
more than quibble.<BR>&gt;&gt; Real scientific evidence points to a=20
slowly<BR>&gt;&gt; building disaster which can still be averted =
if<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
individuals and governments do something<BR>&gt;&gt; about it.&nbsp;=20
Alternatively, we can pretend it's nothing<BR>&gt;&gt; and leave things =
as they=20
are.&nbsp; We'll likely only<BR>&gt;&gt; see the beginning of what this=20
causes.&nbsp; Our<BR>&gt;&gt; children and grandchildren will pay the=20
price.<BR>&gt;&gt; A few decades away there will probably be<BR>&gt;&gt; =
mass=20
starvation.&nbsp; Some estimates say that<BR>&gt;&gt; over a billion =
people will=20
die from coming drought.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; It would be more=20
believable that mankind is causing it if the person <BR>&gt; shouting =
the=20
loudest actaully believed it himself.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; His behavior =
shows he=20
does not.&nbsp; For him its a money grab.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; If you =
know=20
anything about weather, you know<BR>&gt;&gt; that a 2=BA-3=BA rise in =
ocean=20
temperatures can<BR>&gt;&gt; mean the difference between a season =
of<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
several category 2 and 3 hurricanes and one<BR>&gt;&gt; with a dozen or =
more=20
category 5 storms.&nbsp; New<BR>&gt;&gt; Orleans was nothing compared to =
what=20
will<BR>&gt;&gt; happen when a category 5 storm strikes =
Miami<BR>&gt;&gt; even=20
despite the new construction codes.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;I=20
don't see it that way at all...<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; =
That=20
doesn't mean it isn't happening.&nbsp; It only<BR>&gt;&gt; means you =
don't see=20
it.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;Where did man have a hand =
in any of=20
these<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;events?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;- Precambrian period (4.6 =
billion to=20
523 million<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;years ago)<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; - Vendian =
period=20
(523-543 million years ago)<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;- Both =
Precambrian and=20
Vendian periods host<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;to at least one mass extinction=20
each.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; The real questions isn't =
what=20
happened 523<BR>&gt;&gt; million years ago.&nbsp; It isn't even what =
will=20
happen<BR>&gt;&gt; 523 million years from now.&nbsp; The issue is=20
what<BR>&gt;&gt; will happen in the next few decades -- =
perhaps<BR>&gt;&gt; the=20
next few generations.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;So boys =
and girls=20
lots of things can go wrong<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;and plenty did go =
wrong.<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; So that makes it alright to destroy what we=20
have<BR>&gt;&gt; now?<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Maybe if everyone in =
the=20
world bought carbon offsets from Al...</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C77B5C.48FDD1B0--