Re: Al Gore where are you?

On Apr 9, 7:23=EF=BF=BDpm, Milhouse Van Houten <n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
> >Academy Award for the best documentary, that wasn't a documentary.
>
> Yes it was. =A0Every bit of it was factual. =A0

Well, actually it had some serious errors. Made too many assumptions
and didn't consider the history of the planet as it is known. And even
at that there is not accurate data on how the planet has reacted in
the past.

> >Yeah ..... sure. On the other hand it puts him in the same company of
> >Micheal Moore.
>
> Oh come on...

Actually, isn't a documentary supposed to be not politically motivated
and not draw a conclusion? I'm under the impression that a documentary
just states the pros and cons ..... the information from all
sides .... and leaves it up to the viewer to decide.

> Do you actually think an issue as serious as our whole planet going to
> shit is just political propaganda? =A0

You think that global warming means the planet is going to shit?  I
think it means that the planet is getting warmer.

> Do you think the UN panel's report last week is just hype?

No not exactly, but I've got other issues with the UN. But with regard
to this .... what...... makes them an authority on global warming?

However, even so, there were some pretty obvious differences between
Gore's politically motivated movie and the UN report. It'll be
interesting to see how they get reconciled.

> Do you think that the climate change and air & water pollution is
> downright fiction created to undermine big oil and the republican
> party? =A0

Nope. I never said that the planet wasn't getting warmer. I just
implied that Gore did his movie for political reasons and liberal
Hollywood awarded it, to give it credibility ..... that's all.

> Did you even see the movie? =A0See the message - not the messenger.
>
> >That alone implies the true reason for and value of the
> >meaning of the awards.
>
> I've never watched those stupid awards. =A0A bunch of Hollywood snobs
> patting each other on the back is plain stupid. =A0

Then why would you believe that awarding this movie wasn't due to the
same reasons, rather then .... that it was actually credible?

Anyway, the earth is warming. No one actually knows why. We've
probably contributed to it. We're not the sole reason for it. The
earth has warmed many, many times before. Most recently at the end of
the Dark Ages. That occured over only a couple of hundred years. I can
remember in my life time that it "always" snowed at Christmas, when I
was a kid. Was hardly a winter went by that we didn't get a blizzard
of some sort. I've got a picture of me that my mother took when I was
2 years old. I'm sitting on a pile of snow and there's this barrel
looking object sticking out of the snow beside me. Actually it's the
top of a telephone pole. That's how high the snow drift was. That was
upstate NY. So, you might say that I've been around since the last
mini Ice Age.

Yep, it's gonna get warmer, and we have no idea how to stop it or if
we could stop it anyway. Certainly cutting down on pollution is a good
thing ... just because. But it's taken us 150 years to build up to
this point. With the momentum that the world industry has at this
point, there's no way we could ever cut back enough, in time, to make
any great change it what is coming. We should try, again ..... just
because ..... because it's the right thing to do. We've got the
technology to begin it, but unfortunately the rest of the industrial
world doesn't.