Re: I am Mr. Trunk Slammer

"Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4616f74a$0$17207$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Can you error check the program from the keypad? I thought not. I HAVE
NEVER
> SEEN ANYONE PROGRAM FROM THE KEYPAD FROM SCRATCH THAT DID NOT GENERATE AT
> LEST ONE ERROR FLAG WHEN UPLOADED AND CHECKED. It might be a trivial
error.

On a DSC? yea it would be a trivial error

> Like I forgot to set the monthly test timer time. I didn't set the
daylight
> saving parameters.

Neither is life threatening

> I didn't put the customers name in the keypad. I set the
> back up phone number, but forgot to turn on the dial 3rd number option. I
> left the download code at default. You guys are not any different.

To be honest none of these things are bad and nobody said you couldn't call
back later and check programming via downloader, my complaint is many people
get so into downloading they forget how to program by the keypad

> >You could have keypad programmed that puppy in about 20 >minutes,
including
> >the custom text.
>
> Sure you could. Let me see about 50 zones (and up 32 characters of text
per
> zone - remember they're PK 5500s not LCD 5500s).
> And all the other modules that need programming?
> Cough.........Bullshit........cough.

You specified alpha text and 20 minutes on a DSC panel is in the ballpark
for that many zones, it's not like the crappy way the AT&T 8300's did it,
look how long it took to try getting that laptop working...