Re: Brinks Home Security files Civil Suit against Jim Rojas & www.tech-man.com

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4613d0fb$0$16660$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> For the record, I have never unlocked any Brinks panel for any end user. There is no point. If the consumer wants to make the
> slighest change to the system, they would have to send the board back, which makes no economic sense. I always suggest to the
> consumer to replace the system with something that is both keypad & remote programmable.
>
> Since I don't charge anything for my advice, most consumers after a reasonable amount of time, send me their unwanted Brinks junk
> as a thank you.

Nice.  But who the heck is buying the used ones?  On second thought, don't say.  This whole thing stinks like ABC Alarm's threats
against me back in the day.  We replaced one of their unbelievably bad installations at a store in Kensington, CT (I always have
trouble remembering the name of that town).  The system was completely inoperable.  The panel was "installed" on a pegboard directly
inside a huge display window.  The wiring looked like it was performed by an invertebrate (being nice now, I didn't say "primate").
The customer asked me to replace it because the alarm company had not responded to multiple calls for service (transformer fell out;
battery died).

Soon after we finished our installation I got a phone call from the owner of ABC.  I think his name was Perotti or something like
that.  He was livid.  He threatened to sue for tortious interference.  In between a slew of curses he stated that the system was
leased and under a five-year agreement.  I had already checked and the agreement had long since expired.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics