Re: FS: Simon

Petem wrote:
> Well if we cant have guns any more I wonder what is in that firearm box that
> is connected on my alarm system...
>
> Must be a club or maybe a bow?
>
> You better read and take some notes,we HAVE to register or fire arm,but we
> still keep em!
>
> And we can still shoot our heart out at some games,or on target practice
>
> we try to keep human shooting to place like Afghanistan ;-)
> You know the firearm control politic here is kind of totally useless for
> event like what occurred at Dawson college,but if some cops come my home
> they will know I have some guns and wont rush in like they used to do,and in
> the mean time there is less risk for them and us,cause they will try to
> understand what's happening before coming in and get excited by something
> totally normal,like a man walking with a broom stick in his hand ;-)

Pete .... if you look in the history books of any nation that has
mandated firearm registration, you'll find that the next step is
confiscation. It's a slippery slope. Once the government begins to
control the peoples ability to defend themselves, eventually the people
find that it's the govenment that is their enemy.

This was just shown to be true in New Orleans, in the days after
Katrina. When the people who remained behind had no govenment, no
police to protect them against people who were looting, assalting and
raping, What did the government do?  They came in and took the firearms
away from law abiding citizens so they couldn't protect themselves. How
stupid can they be? There were all kinds of criminals running around
assaulting people and the government takes the firearms away from the
victims. The only good thing that happened as a result, was that the
sale of firearms across the nation rose to new levels for months
afterwards, once people saw what could happen to them, in any kind of
an emergency or catastrophe.

I just can't understand the logic and don't understand how anyone can
justify keeping firearms away from law abiding citizens when they can't
guarantee the publics safety or stop the criminals from having
firearms. How can registration of firearms of law abiding Canadians
stop criminals from committing gun crimes? It was just proven that it
doesn't work by the Dawson event,  up there in Canada ..... yet nobody
can put two and two together to come to the conclusion that "gun
control laws" that keep firearms from law abiding citizens are
ridiculous.

(sorry .... Rant switch OFF)