Re: Why I Don't Do Service for Other Companies

Crash Gordon wrote:
> yah but this wasn't the case (as least how i read the op)...this just sounds
> like the plans were approved but the building dept just hadn't posted the
> sticker on the job yet.
>

> "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> |
> | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | > Even if he has to pay the fine (which is stupid, in light of the fact
> the
> | > plans were approved) it's still gonna be cheaper than postwiring and
> attic
> | > crawling. That is unless they made him pull the wire out...which would
> be
> | > triple stupid.
> | >
> | > And it most cases; it's easier to obtain forgiveness, than approval.
> | >

> | Here in Florida, if a building official wants to persue this through state
> | guidelines, on an installing dealer that doesn't pull a permit prior to
> | commensing work, the installing dealer is subject to fines, up to $2,500,
> | and disciplinary action against his license ie; suspension and probation
> and
> | even revocation. That ain't so Mickey Mouse. I just listened to some of
> | these license complaints at the ECLB board meeting, last Thursday, during
> | the disciplinary hearing portion of the meeting. It can be an eye opener.

According to the AHJ's around here, as long as the application has
reached their office (along with the check, of course) then we are okay
to start wiring.  We don't have to necessarily wait for the permit to
come back.

There have been days when my boss and I have left the office at the same
time (or there-abouts) I was going to the job site, he was going to the
county office.