Tech pay for travel and on-call

How do you figure paid work time for techs who have a company vehicle at
home and drive directly to a jobsite?  Do most of you pay them for any
travel time (or have a portion of unpaid)?  Our company charges port-to-port
and pays our techs for all travel time (whether or not they come into the
office first). We're working with another company - techs leave from their
homes and are only paid if the jobsite is more than 65 miles away.  We were
both surprised at the other so are wondering what is more common.

Also we pay a weekly stipend for the on-call tech ($100/wk plus 30 min for
any phone call, and OT once they're over 40 hours); the other company does
not pay a stipend, but pays double time if techs are sent on a call.

Thought it would be interesting to compare.... thanks!