Re: PIR Motion Detectors

I think you could have thought out of the box with this one, I doubt the OP
is talking about when the system is armed (surely!).  Several years ago, the
Police believed that a member of staff in a store had sprayed the detectors
in the office during the day with some form of coating that masked the
detectors.  Then had fitted magnets to the contacts.  Locked up the store at
the end of the day, and then came back in the middle of the night and
emptied the safe of £13,000.  Obvioulsy the alarm log showed that no one had
unset the alarm and there were no activations.  They never quite got to the
bottom of that one.

--
Regards

M Millar