Re: PIR Motion Detectors

meyers95 wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to circumvent a motion detector with
> hairspray?  I am assuming this would work with a dual technology motion
> as well because it takes both technologies to trip.  Please let me
> know.  Thanks <

You're slightly confused. Yes, a motion can be defeated by using
aerosol as the delivery vehicle but hairspray is not the solution. A
popular ingredient in many snack foods known as Polysorbate 80 contains
the chemicals that render a motion detector useless. Polysorbate 80 can
be found in many products, and here are a few you may be familiar with:
Twinkies
Devil Dogs
Mallowmars
Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and in it's aerosol form you will find it
in
Redi Whip Whipped topping
Pam cooking spray
and CheezWhiz

Now it's not as simple as just aiming a can of CheezWhiz at the motion.
The first thing you need to do is dampen the motion with a light mist
of water. If you are trying to do this without being seen then you can
use a trick carnation or perhaps a mini water pistol.
Allow 5 minutes for excess fluids to drain from the motion and then
shoot the CheezWhiz right into the eye of the device.
What will happen is the motion will be blinded for a few hours.

If it's a pet immune motion then CheezWhiz won't work but RediWhip will

I hope this helps.
Good luck.