Removing a British Gas Home Alarm.

Hi,

I've got an installed British Gas home alarm system.

Following a number of disagrements with BG, I want to completely remove
the system.

The alarm is a rebadged DSC system (don't know what type) but the
keypad is a KP5500Z (DSC model LCD5500Z).

I have the installers code and have disabled all the zones.

I want to completely disable the system to allow me to remove it at a
later date.

I think that removing the mains power supply, opening the circuit board
control panel and removing the internal battery will be enough.
Hopefully removing the battery will be enough to shutup the anti-tamper
alarm on the circuit board.

Any anyone provide any assistance or advice?

Many Thanks,

Adrian.