Re: Wireless Motion Sensor goes off when A/C set to higher temps

> ...Today someone came out and said he suspects it is the sunlight coming
> thorugh the window causing the alarm to go off.  I said if that were
> the case then it should be going off even when we're in town and gone
> during the day.  He said, no the A/C would cool it down and keep it
> from going off.  However, there would stil be a temperature difference
> on the stairs regardless of what the AC is set at.
>
> I asked him if there was a specification from the manufacturer with
> operating temperatures to which he replied "NO".  As an engineer I
> really doubt anyone made an electronic device and did NOT specify
> operating temperatures.
>
> So, I'm trying to figure out WHY this keeps occurring.  Is this unit
> truly BAD?  Is it the sun?  Is there an operating temperature and
> perhaps we need to set the A/C to not go past that limit?

That the sun is causing a problem only when the AC is off sounds
improbable.  Do you have a log of the times when the alarm goes off?
If it was related to sunlight the problem would tend to happen around
the same time of day.

It could just be a faulty detector.  The simplest solution is to turn
that one unit off but that would leave a hole in your protection.
Instead, ask the tech to move the unit (or do so yourself; it's not
rocket science) to a location where sunlight and AC vents can't affect
it.  If it continues to false, replace it.

> Please, feel free to email me anything that might be helpful to
> smdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No can do.  I'm using someone else's PC.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
Bass Home Electronics
Online DIY Security & Home Automation Store
www. BassBurglarAlarms.com