Re: cctv cable length question

"rqo" <safetyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:_InNg.187$jA2.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> How much is "too much" extra in a cctv cable run?  Does leaving "extra"
> cable for possible future camera moves affect the picture quality?  When I
> say extra, I'm talking over 10-15 feet extra.  Also, does coiling the
> extra cable affect the picture quality?
>
> The longest run so far is about 75 foot.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> rqo

I guess that would depend on the cable quality.  I have been told that you
should have no issues with runs upto 750' of RG-59 95% Cu coax.  I can tell
you if they are on different buildings or powered from different places you
run more risk of having ground loop interferrence than appreciable signal
loss.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River