Powering case heathers with PoE Cameras

Forgive me if this is a bit off topic, but my company has just started to
install IP Cameras with Power Over Ethernet connectors on the back. The idea
of these is that power comes down the CAT5 cable, so you don't need a mains
power supply.

Whilst this makes for a very neat installation, the problem is that you
can't derive 12v from anywhere to power the heater, as the PoE Splitter is
internal to the camera. I have asked the camera manufacturers why they don't
supply a 12v source and they generally say that whilst some older analog
cameras used to provide power output for heating/ventilation, this is not
typically done today.

Is this true? Are heaters a thing of the past? Are there any IP Camera
installers here who still power case heaters? How is it done? Have PoE
powered IP camera manufacturers got it wrong?

-Jerry