Re: Fire Alarm causes Fire

Doug L. said:

>I've seen several systems that fall short of what is required, it doesn't
>necessarily mean they were installed that way, nor that the original
>installer was responsible for the current state of the system.

It's also worth remembering that older systems do not have to meet current
codes.  They only need to meet the code that was in effect when they were
installed.  So, a seemingly glaring mistake like not using a smoke detector
to protect the FACP is not necessarily a mistake, if the system is old
enough.

- badenov