Re: DVR for Dummies (aka - me)

I think I could give you some ideas if I knew more about how you plan to use
your CCTV system. Do you need to view  video locally or remotely? Do you
need to have more information like point of sale? Do you need to make copies
of the video frequently? Do you need a public view monitor or spot monitor?
(Some mux units support those options while some DVR units don't - even high
end ones.) Do you know what type of cameras you have now? Are they black and
white or color? Do you know the resolution?  Do they have a BNC type connect
or some other? (or simply the make and model)
If you select what you want for features and what your budget is I could
make a list of DVR units you may like.