Ademco LynxREN - How to enable LCD Backlight?

Trying to enable LCD backlight on this panel. It's mounted in a dark
closet...I can see the lighted keys just fine but can't read the LCD
without a flashlight. It's fairly new, still under warranty - is it
simply broken? I've scanned all the manuals and find no mention of a
display backlight. I could really use a hand here - thanks!