Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

> It seems Brinks Home Security is threatened by what I am able to do with their antique equipment. Brinks claims they own all
> equipment even if it ends up in the trash...interesting reading, if you want a good laugh... :) Enjoy!

The solution is easy, Jim.  Drop the manuals from your offerings but continue to offer reprogramming services.  They may claim to
believe that the process of altering memory of the chips is a violation of the copyright act, but it's not.

If their ex-customers come to you unsolicited (by you) after Brinks is no longer providing service to them, there's no basis for a
tortious interference claim.

As you know, they own the manuals and if they want to make a stink about it they can.  Other than that, they're just huffing.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics