The Fire Alarm experts Strike Again

Friend of mine asked me to install a Burglar alarm at a  large retail store
which the place he works for just recently moved to after losing there
previous lease.
The store is fully sprinklered and has a fire system by another large
Burg/Fire installing company and I made sure before starting that he realy
wanted me to do the burg alarm and not the company that did the fire work.
He said he did not want them doing the burg.work becuse he was displeased
with how the fire system was put in.
The store owner has an electronics backround so he had an inkling things
were not done properly.
After I get my  burg system installed and working  the sales (pig) rep shows
up from other company upset they did not get the burg work and said I
installed used products and they were all obsolete. mind you what I
installed was all new Honeywell  and some of it was beta products not even
on the market yet.
The sales (Pig) Rep was shown the door and 3 days ago
a small flash fire developed when chemichals flashed over in a utilty room
and luckily fire dept responded when smoke went off  but system it self
never sounded. only keypad beeped.
tech from fire company came out and found wire on horn circuit was not
hooked to panel.Horn ciruit was never supervised.
So much for there superior systems and installs.
seems like these fire experts never learn.
and now the AHJ is not to pleased abiut the situation.