Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

If the environmentally active folks ever get RoHS rules passed here like the
EU has, I wonder how fast these same lawyers would be backing off the
ownership claim and with what arguments. When someone claims some lingering
health issue because their kid ate part of some gear that Brinks "always
owned" seems like the once clear ownership thing would get pretty cloudy
mighty fast.
Are you really hurting Brinks that much with your web site? If these are
real attorneys, and not just guys not even listed on the mast head at some
large firm, then I guess you've cost Brink's about $25K so far. I mean the
attorney has to research it, then send a letter to the client, get approval,
modify the response, get approval, send the letter, write the  report, lay
out a roadmap of future plans etc. and billing every single second of the
way.
I'd say to Brink's send me the cash instead of the dope you're sending it to
now and I'll stop today.
It seems like the posture Brink's is taking today may be the same one that
has then doubled over in pain with by tomorrow. I don't know how Brink's
"lock out" policy will stand up against some of the new rules in many places
that state you can not lock a customer out of his gear. It will be
interesting to see what side's attorney gets their gonads bitten off in that
dog fight. On second thought I doubt there would ever be a convincing
victory for either side because lawyers, just like dogs, don't seem to like
it when they only have their own butts to lick and smell.