Re: Press "1" for English

Everywhere Man said:

>Funny how you say survival of the fittest yet you're
>bitching because the Mexicans are making it hard for you to survive.
>Outbid them. Work harder than them. Give an employer a reason to choose
>you. It's a free market society and you can't stand that your price has
>been beat.

Oh great.  First, the wetbacks invade our country.  Now, we're supposed to
work cheaper than they do?  God bless the free enterprise system, where
everybody enjoys really low prices because the workers get paid five bucks
an hour.  Hell, that doesn't even pay for English lessons.

>> Overtime is not a union rule, it's based on state law.  It's meant to
>> keep tyrants like yourself from exploiting workers. <
>
>State law for hourly wage employees. I pay a salary and if they don't
>like what I pay or where they work they have the right to vacate the
>job.

Oh, man, are you asking to get nailed to the cross.  You don't have the
right to pay installers a salary.  Federal and state law says that type of
employee is entitled to overtime pay.  Many big companies have been caught
recently trying to claim their manual laborers are actually managers, and
therefore exempt from overtime.  The penalties include back pay for all the
hours you didn't pay them for, plus the back payroll taxes you didn't pay
on those wages.  Plus penalties and interest, of course.

>He will not be attending college and YES he will sweep floors. College
>is for people who want to hide from reality. He will learn what it
>takes to make it in this world. He will break his ass just like his
>father does on a daily basis so he doesn't turn out to be a half-wit or
>nimrod that has trouble holding a job and blames Mexican labor and
>everyone else but himself for it.

After which, he'll inherit Daddy's business, and live happily ever after.

>What you expect your dad to do if he had no other means, Graham? Would
>he cross the border to feed you or let you starve to death so he
>doesn't offend ignorant people?

I don't blame the wetbacks for coming here.  If I were a Mexican, I'd be a
wetback, too.  I blame us for letting them in.

The real problem is greedy bastards who are willing to hire the cheapest
non-speaking aliens they can find, at the lowest wages they can pay, all to
put a few extra dollars in their own pockets.  Take care of the Americans
first!  Then, and only then, do you start importing wetbacks.

Look at the long-term consequences of illegal immigration from Mexico.  We
get cheap labor now, and fruit prices remain low.  But in the long run, we
are importing a bunch of poor, unskilled people, who breed like rabbits.
We will eventually become a third world country.  This is not about
accepting a relatively small number of skilled immigrants who want to
assimilate into our society.  This is about being invaded by an army of the
poor, whose children automatically become citizens.  America is changing,
folks, and it won't be for the better.

- badenov