Re: Press "1" for English

Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Everywhere Man said:
>
> >Unions demand breaks, benefits, holidays, wages, etc. The only thing
> >unions don't demand is productivity.
> >Business owners here have been held hostage by unions and if the
> >opportunity to circumvent unions is available then that road will
> >likely be travelled. Bus drivers earning $80,000 per year is vile.
> >I recall a recent thread where you discussed what you expected from an
> >employer as an alarm installer. You want a 40hr work week, company
> >vehicle, overtime, health, dental, life, etc.
>
> The reason unions exist is that some employers are out to screw their
> employees so they can put more dollars in their own pockets.  Maybe not
> you, but some employers are definitely like that. <

And now the reason unions exist is to screw the company & consumer.
Bring back the sweatshops

> God damn those greedy employees for wanting things like overtime and health
> care!  How the hell is the company owner supposed to afford his new
> Mercedes if he has to pay for crap like that? <

You can say that again.

> Why is there a minimum wage?  Because some employers would like to pay
> their employees less. <

If someone was selling ten dollar bills for a dollar fifty would you
buy the entire inventory or would you demand to pay ten bucks each? Why
expect me to refuse a job to someone who asks for $3.00 an hour?

>  Why do businesses hire wetbacks?  Because they work
> cheap and don't complain.  And if they do, an employer can fire them and
> get replacements easily. <

They all answer to whatever name you call them, and if one gets hurt on
a jobsite you can just say he was trespassing and fell when he tried
running away from INS.

> Unions do go too far sometimes.  I think there has to be a balance of power
> between unions and management:  when management gets too much power, the
> employees get screwed, and when the unions get too much power, productivity
> suffers and the employers get screwed. <

Weren't you a Local 3 rowdy, and why the hell weren't you at Javitz on
Tuesday?
Between you and the other old bastard from NY no showing I'm about YAY
close to calling Access A Ride and cancelling your passes.