Re: CCTV at night

As Matt suggested, a motion detector light may be a good solution.  Speco makes a decent one that looks and works just like any
other motion-operated flood light.  However, located inside the unit is a hidden CCTV camera.  I've used these and they work well.
Thieves are used to seeing motion-lights and they won't even guess that they're on Candid Camera.  Heck, they might even look
straight at the light when it comes on.

If the historical society doesn't get all bent out of shape about it you could probably fit one of these on the side of each house
behind a downspout or chimney and another under the eaves in the back.  A 4-channel video card for your PC might be a decent
substitute for an expensive DVR if you've got a decent sized HD in the 'puter.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics