Re: CCTV at night

"Charlie Brown" wrote...
> Hi
>
> OK, I didn't do my homework very well.  I have a digital video recorder
> with one wireless miniature camera attached, I did this initial set up
> because I wasn't sure how good it was going to be.  It works fine but has
> a range of about 20m instead of the 100m spec, but the signal is going
> through a couple of walls.  I now want to add cameras to it (3 more spare
> ports) but the dealer tells me I need IR cameras if I want to record at
> night, they all look a bit chunky and I like the discrete miniature type.
> Is there a way where I can use the miniature cameras but use separate IR
> lighting?  The dealer says you can't do this, you need the IR cameras.
>
> Can anyone help?

Depending on how big or small a "chunky" camera is, here's a link for you...

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=1253

Without the sun shield, this camera is about 1.5" - 2" in diameter.  If you
can find one that has a black case instead of the silver one here, it would
be much more discrete.

I found this one through a quick google search, although I believe I've used
this model with good results too.  Just beware, the infrared illuminators
will generally only work well within a 30 foot range.